Founder, executive director of FoodWorks Madison
- News article: Won City of Madison “Emerging Opportunities Program” grant for $10K to design, build, and execute pilot of “First Course”.
- Built first version of curriculum with University of Wisconsin curriculum expert, a food-business owner, and a professional chef
- News article: Executed Pilot program, graduating 4 cooks and awarding $1000 completion bonus to each
- Kickstarter: Designed, ran successful crowdfunding effort (raised 113% of our goal)
- Invited to join the first Social Good Accelerator cohort
- News video: Ran a second cohort of eight graduating students, refining the curriculum and teaching tactics to better meet student needs.
- Invited to be the sponsored social enterprise for Forward Fest’s Spring Tech Kickoff
- 2018 - current
- Coach/mentor for the Social Good Accelerator. Advised several social enterprises on refining models, pitches, etcetera, specializing in web content strategy.
- Mentor/advisor for Madison Startup Weekend. The team I briefly advised happened to win on an in-home private chef popup dinner party business concept.
- Taught cooking classes for Neighborhood Intervention Program at Madison Public Library’s Bubbler
- Follow-up series of more cooking classes for teens living at Dane County Teen Jail.
- Chair, Slow Food Madison. Managed a rotating team of volunteers across several initiatives and events, including ongoing projects, panel discussions, volunteer days, social events, etc.
- Also desinged and implemented all organizational infrastructure and work patterns, including elections, direct marketing, IT infrastructure, social media, annual meetings, etc.
- One of my most loved initiatives is the “Near-East Community Meal”, an all volunteer-run weekly cook by, for, and of the community that cooks a hot from-scratch meal for 40-60 eaters at a food pantry, each week, since 2012. I started, nurtered, refined, and attended this program. In 2018 I turned leadership over to two key volunteers.
- Leadership board, Slow Food NYC. Key leadership role with still-ongoing initiatives including Snail of Approval and Slow U.
- Leadership board of Chelsea CSA